While editing, you can move images to the trash directly from within Luminar Neo. This makes it easy to organize your hard drive and reduces clutter. However, as a protective measure, Luminar Neo requires three steps to delete an image permanently.
Deleting a File in Luminar Neo
To delete one image or multiple images in Luminar Neo, select one or several images in the Catalog, right-click on the image(s), and choose Move to Luminar Trash from the pop-up menu. Alternatively, you can press Cmd+Delete (macOS) or Ctrl+Delete (Windows). The selected images will be hidden current folder Luminar Neo and placed into the Trash shortcut.
The Trash shortcut in Luminar Neo is a staging area. When files are in the Trash shortcut, they are still on your hard drive in the same place they had been. Click on the Trash shortcut to see additional controls.
Restoring Files from the Trash
Images in the Trash shortcut are still on your hard drive and can easily be restored to their original location in your Catalog.
To restore images from the Trash:
Select the image(s) you want to restore.
Choose Image > Put Back to restore the image(s) in your Catalog, or right-click on the image (or one of the selected images) and choose Put Back.
Emptying the Trash in Luminar Neo
To permanently remove an image from the Luminar Neo Catalog:
- All references to the image in its folder are removed from Luminar Neo
- All edits are removed (be sure to export a new file to your hard drive if you want to save these first)
- Any references to the image are removed from Albums
There are two ways to empty the Trash in Luminar Neo.
- Right-click on a single image or on one of the multiple selected images and select Delete from the pop-up menu.
- Click the Empty Trash button at the top of the Catalog window.
This will send all images in the Trash shortcut in Luminar Neo to your operating system’s Trash (macOS) or Recycle Bin (Windows).
At this point, your files are not yet deleted from your hard drive. Luminar Neo has only moved your files to the operating system’s Trash (macOS) or Recycle Bin (Windows). You can still open your computer’s Trash/Recycle Bin and retrieve the files. To permanently delete the files, empty the Trash or Recycle Bin.
Emptying the Trash/Recycle Bin
To permanently delete images from your hard drive, you need to empty the Trash (macOS) or Recycle Bin (Windows) on your computer. This must be done at the operating system level.
- macOS. Choose Finder > Empty Trash…
- Windows. Find the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop, then right-click it and choose Empty Recycle Bin.
Need more help with this?
Skylum Customer Service