Luminar Neo creates a default Catalog when you first launch the application. You can use this one Catalog for all your photos or easily create new Catalogs. Luminar Neo Catalogs can be located anywhere on your hard drive. By default, Luminar Neo creates a Catalog in your Pictures folder. A Catalog contains a database of your images and their locations, thumbnails of these images, and a history of all adjustments applied to your images.
Creating a Catalog
To create a new Catalog
- Choose File > Catalog > New. A dialog box will open, asking you to name your new Catalog and choose where you want to store it.
- Enter a Catalog name and choose a location. Many users choose their Pictures folder, but any drive and any location will work.
- When you save the new Catalog, your current Catalog will be closed, and your new Catalog will be opened.
You can now add images as desired.
If you’re working with multiple Catalogs, you can quickly switch between them.
- To open a previously created Catalog, choose File > Catalog > Open.
- In the Finder (macOS) or File Explorer (Windows) window, navigate to the Catalog you want to work with. It will appear as a folder.
- Select your Catalog and click Open.
- Your current Catalog will be closed, and the selected Catalog will be opened.
Thanks for your feedback.