The Vignette tool darkens or lightens the edges of your image. This is quite an old technique to emphasize the subject in photos. The effect typically leaves the center of the image unaffected while shading or lightening the edges. Luminar Neo goes further by letting you place the center point of the vignette anywhere in the image.
- Choose Subject. Click this button to enable a crosshair. You can then click within the photo to center the vignette. This allows you to adjust the focus of the vignette by offsetting it and guide the viewer’s eyes to your subject.
- Amount. This slider adjusts the darkening around the edges of the photo. Move it to the left to give more shading to the edges or to the right to brighten the edges.
- Size. This slider sets the size of the obscured area. Moving it to the left increases the darkened area. Moving it to the right decreases the darkened area.
- Post-crop/Pre-crop. This drop-down menu lets you choose whether you want the vignette to be applied before or after any cropping.
- Roundness. This slider changes the shape of the shaded area.
- Feather. This slider sets the smoothness of the transition between the area of shading and the rest of the image.
- Inner Light. This slider increases the brightness in the central region of the image that is not affected by shading. It allows you to create a contrast effect.