The Linear Gradient Mask tool is helpful in creating a gradual blend between two states. The Linear Gradient Mask is a favorite of landscape photographers as it enhances images smoothly by applying effects along a gradient.
How to use a Linear Gradient Mask:
- Open an image in Luminar Neo.
- Select the Edit tab on the Top Toolbar to reveal the Tools pane and scroll down to the Creative tools.
- Choose the Dramatic tool and increase the sliders to high values, making the effect easy to see.
- Click the Masking Tab within the tool.
- Choose the Linear Gradient mode in the mask tool.
- Click and drag to create a linear gradient. You will see a translucent red overlay indicating the affected areas
- If needed, you can refine your mask by using the Additional Mask Controls.
- The same controls can be used Invert or Clear the gradient if needed
- The Linear Gradient Mask tool offers simple controls to refine the gradient.
- Drag the top or bottom line with the Hand tool to expand or contract the gradient.
- Drag the middle dot to position the gradient.
- Click and drag just outside the middle dot to rotate the mask.#
Thanks for your feedback.