- Luminar Neo was closed when you moved an image to another folder
- Luminar Neo was closed when you renamed an image or folder
- You moved an image at the Finder/Explorer level to a different location that isn’t in your Luminar Neo library.
- You unplugged or removed a hard drive or memory card that was in use.
The application may not know where the source file is stored if this happens. In this case, the photos will be added to a particular album called Lost Edits.
This shortcut only appears when images are lost. You will not see it unless there are missing pictures. Luminar still has a thumbnail image and a set of instructions that can be reconnected.
How to reconnect images in the Lost Edits folder
If the Lost Edits album appears, you should repair the connection promptly.
- Locate the Lost Edits shortcut in the Catalog panel.
- Click on the Lost Edits shortcut to see the missing images.
- Right-click on the desired image and choose Locate Image.
- A new navigation window opens.
- Navigate to the new location where the file is stored.
- Click the Choose Folder button to relink the file(s).
The images will reconnect and once again be accessible in your Catalog:
- If the chosen folder is already in your Catalog, all edits are transferred to the selected image(s). The images are automatically removed from the Lost Edits shortcut. If multiple images are in the same folder, their Lost Edits will also be resolved.
- If the selected folder is not in your Catalog – the new folder is added to your Luminar Catalog, and all edits are transferred to the image(s). The images are automatically removed from the Lost Edits shortcut. If multiple images are in the same folder, their Lost Edits will also be resolved.
In order for the selected photos to reconnect, Luminar checks 3 parameters for the selected images.
- Source file name,
- Image dimensions in pixels
- Original creation date
If all three properties match, the image will reconnect automatically. However, it is still possible to reconnect if the file name is changed as long as the image dimensions and creation date still match. If these properties do not match, you will receive an alert that Image (image_name) is not found in the selected folder and the folder cannot be added.
Once a photo is matched, the following occurs:
- If all photos from the Lost Edits shortcut are located, the shortcut disappears from the shortcuts list.
- All attributes are transferred and are available for the selected photos.
- If there were multiple images from the same folder in Lost Edits > all these images will be located and added to the Library.
- For Raw+JPEG files, these will also be reconnected.