- Select and Deselect. By default, the Select button is chosen. When brushing over an image with Select chosen, you select areas to erase (indicated with a red overlay). By clicking the Deselect button, you can deselect areas to erase (removing the red overlay).
- Size. This slider increases or decreases the brush size. You can also use the left and right bracket keys ([ ]) to decrease and increase the brush size. It’s a good idea to keep the brush slightly larger than the size of the object or blemish you’re erasing.
- Erase. Click this button to erase areas of your selected image (indicated with the red overlay).
- Clear Selection. Click this button to clear your current selections so you can start over.
- Restore. Click this button to restore the current selection.
The Erase tool serves a similar purpose to the Clone tool, allowing you to remove unwanted objects or details. But its approach is different from Clone. Rather than setting a source point for pixels, with Erase, you simply click and brush over unwanted areas. Luminar Neo then examines the surrounding pixels and generates a new texture based on its awareness of what’s nearby in the photo. It then matches the original pixels’ texture, lighting, and shading. This approach is often reasonably practical, as this tool is fast and easy to use.
The Remove Powerlines tool is helpful for automatically removing unwanted objects like power and phone lines from the sky of a landscape photo. Getting a clear image in just a few seconds is now easy. This tool saves time when editing photos of weddings, landscapes, and popular sightseeing spots, getting rid of power lines, phone lines, and other annoying little details in the sky.
The Remove Dust Spots tool helps remove dust spots and particles caused by dirt on their lenses or sensors. Since this is a common problem, removing the undesired effects of such foreign objects on photos with the help of AI (rather than erasing or cloning) can help photographers create better photos faster and more efficiently. Remove Dust Spots in Luminar Neo automatically removes the effects of dust and debris on the camera sensor and lens. This feature is helpful not only for lenses that quickly get dirty but also for fixing photos taken in such situations as when dirt and dust quickly get into lenses or sensors and ruin photos that a photographer has traveled many miles to capture.