Deleting images in your Luminar Neo Catalog is a good way to clean up your hard drive and free up storage space. Remember that deleting files from folders in Luminar Neo will also delete them from your hard drive. To help you avoid permanently deleting your original photos unintentionally, Luminar Neo includes multiple warnings.
Here’s an example of a workflow you might use to delete multiple files from folders at one time.
Flag Files As Rejected
Rejecting a file is a useful way to queue it for deletion. Just press the X key to flag a file as Rejected (press U to flag it as Unmarked if needed). When you flag an image as Rejected, it becomes grayed out in Luminar Neo.
Safely Remove Rejected Files from Your Catalog
Luminar Neo makes it easy to see and manage rejected files. This way you are only working with the files you want to remove.
- Choose the All Photos collection. Alternatively, you can select a folder or an album to view just a portion of your Catalog.
- At the top of the Catalog window, click on the drop-down menu labeled Showing and choose to only show Rejected images.
- Select all Rejected images you wish to delete then right-click on one of them and choose Move to Trash. You can also move images to the trash via the Luminar Neo Image menu, then selecting Move to Luminar Trash
- To view images in Luminar Neo’s Trash, choose the Trash shortcut from the Catalog panel.
- Click the Empty Trash button at the top of the Catalog window. This will send all images in the Luminar Neo Trash to your operating system’s Trash (macOS) or Recycle Bin (Windows).