As you adjust a Preset or build one from scratch, you may find a particular combination. Custom Presets can function as the jumping-off point for your look and style.
- Make sure an image is open in Luminar Neo.
- Click Presets at the top of the window to switch to the Presets Browser and choose a Preset to apply.
- To finish your image, select the Edit tab and switch to the Edits panel
- You’ll see the tools used in a Preset indicated with a dot next to their name.
- Add new adjustments as desired.
A Preset can store many tools in an easy, one-click effect. Different photographers will desire different Presets. Plus a Preset may work great on some photos, but need a little tweaking for others. Once you select a Preset, you have the ability in the Sidebar to use tool controls to modify that Preset to fit your specific image needs.
Saving a Custom Preset
As you adjust a Preset or build your recipes from scratch, you may find a particular combination. A Preset can store a lot of control in an easy, one-click effect.
After editing your image, saving your new style as a Luminar Neo Preset is easy.
- Adjust an existing Preset or add your own tools to an image.
- In the bottom Actions dropdown, click the Save as Preset.
- The item is saved to your My Presets tab.
- You can rename the Preset or keep the default name in the My Preset tab.
Modifying Custom Presets
- Your new Preset can be found under Preset panel > My Presets.
- Click the item menu next to the Preset name if you want to manage or rename the Preset.
- Edit. Loads the Edit panel allowing you to make changes.
- Rename. Renames the current My Preset.
- Delete. Deletes the current My Preset.
- Show in Finder/Show in Explorer. Opens an operating system window for the currently selected Preset file. This allows you to copy the Preset and pass it on to someone else.
Sharing a Custom Preset
Any Luminar Neo Preset you make can be shared with other users, manually backed up to a new location, or copied to a new computer. You can freely export your own Presets and import another person’s Presets into your application.
- To view any Presets, navigate to the User Presets section in the My Collection area of the Presets panel.
- Click the item menu (three dots) next to a custom Preset and choose Show in Finder (macOS) or Show in Explorer (Windows).
- Select the Presets you want to share, then send them to fellow Luminar Neo users. Be sure to copy the entire parent folder which contains the preset file, resource file, and custom icon.
- To copy Presets on another machine, just reveal the folder as described above. Then go up one level to the Users folder.
- Simply drag the new Presets into your Luminar Neo Presets User Folder.
- For best results, restart Luminar to load all the new Presets.