Luminar Neo constantly backs up its database as you work with it. This ensures your latest edits are stored. However, you may want to manually back up a Catalog in case your hard drive malfunctions. We suggest backing up your Catalog to an external drive or cloud storage.
Backing Up a Luminar Neo Catalog on Windows and macOS
- With Luminar Neo open, make edits with the Catalog you want to back up.
- Choose File > Catalog > *Show in Explorer (Windows) / Show in Finder (macOS). This reveals the Catalog file nested inside a folder.
- Go up one level in the folder structure and back up that entire folder for the most complete backup.
To restore a backup, just copy it to your machine and choose File > Catalog > Open to select the Catalog Folder you backed up.
On macOS, you can also use the Backup command to store a backup Catalog:
- Choose File > Catalog > Backup
- Luminar Neo will open a Finder window that lets you choose where you want to save your backup file.
- To restore a backup file, choose File > Catalog > Restore from Backup.