Images in Adobe Lightroom Classic can easily be handed off to LuminarAI for editing. To send a file from Lightroom Classic or Lightroom CC to LuminarAI, follow these steps:
- Open Adobe Lightroom Classic/CC.
- In Lightroom Classic/CC, choose the image you want to work with within LuminarAI from the Library or Develop module.
- Send your image to LuminarAI using one of the following methods:
- Choose Photo > Edit In > LuminarAI. A new dialog box will open.
- Choose one of these options:
- Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments — Sends a high-quality file to LuminarAI based on the edits you’ve made in Lightroom. You can choose options for this exported file at the bottom of the window.
- Edit a Copy — Sends a high-quality file based on the original image (does not work for raw files).
- Edit Original — Modifies the original file on your hard drive and ignores Lightroom adjustments. This option does not work for raw files.
- Select any additional Copy File Options, then click Edit.
Note: If LuminarAI is missing from the Photo > Edit in the menu, open Lightroom preferences. Select the Presets tab and UNCHECK the option for Store presets with this catalog.
- File > Export with Preset > LuminarAI Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments — Sends a high-quality file based on the edits you’ve made in Lightroom.
- File > Export with Preset > LuminarAI Open Source Files — Sends the original file (without Lightroom edits) to LuminarAI.
- File > Plug-in Extras > Transfer to LuminarAI — Transfers the original file to LuminarAI for editing. This option is ideal for sending a raw file to LuminarAI so you have the maximum data to work with.
Editing in the LuminarAI plug-in
Once the file is sent, you’re ready to edit.
- If needed, click the LuminarAI icon in your Dock or Taskbar to switch to LuminarAI.
- Make edits or adjustments as desired in LuminarAI and use Templates to speed up your editing workflow.
- When done, click the Apply button to send the adjusted image back to Lightroom.