The Gradient Mask tool is useful for creating a gradual blend between two states. The Gradient Mask is a favorite of landscape photographers as it enhances images smoothly by applying effects along a gradient.
How to use a Gradient Mask:
- Make an adjustment to your image in a tool in the Edit panel (such as the Dramatic tool).
- Click the Edit Mask icon to create a tool mask.
- Select the Gradient Mask option from the drop-down menu.
- Click and drag to create a linear gradient. You will see a translucent red overlay indicating the affected areas
- If needed, go to the mask controls (three-dot icon) and choose Show Mask so you can see the gradient.
- The same controls can be used Invert or Clear the gradient if needed
- The Gradient Mask tool offers simple controls to refine the gradient.
- Drag the top line or bottom line with the Hand tool to expand or contract the gradient.
- Drag the middle dot to position the gradient.
- Click and drag just outside the middle dot to rotate the mask.#
Thanks for your feedback.