Local Masking makes it possible to layer multiple adjustments. This is helpful when you need to make precise adjustments to an image or to adjust multiple areas of an image independently.
- Open an image you want to edit into the Single Image Edit Mode.
- Click the Local Masking icon in the right-hand panel.
- Click the + Add button and choose a Local Masking adjustment type. You can add multiple adjustments of the same type as needed. You can add a Basic adjustment or a Texture overlay.
- Choose from Paint Mask, Radial Mask, or Gradient Mask in the drop-down menu.
- Select the appropriate mode (Focus, Defocus, Restore) to apply or remove the effect.
- If using the Paint Mask additional options appear.
- Adjust the Radius, Softness, and Opacity settings of the Brush tool.
- Typically, Radius and Softness are good at the default values of 100.
Thanks for your feedback.