Some photographers choose to shoot raw and JPG files simultaneously in order to have the JPG files as a reference for in-camera processing or as a backup. LuminarAI makes it easy to organize files that are captured in raw and JPG pairs.
When you import raw and JPEG pairs, you can decide which files to see to keep your Catalog uncluttered.
- Click the View menu and choose View > Raw + JPEG Pairs and select the desired option.
- Choose one of these based on need.
- Show Raw Only. If a raw and a JPEG exist in the same folder with the same file name, LuminarAI will only show the raw image.
- Show JPEG Only. If a raw and a JPEG exist in the same folder with the same file name, LuminarAI will only show the JPEG image.
- Show Separately. This option will show all raw and JPEG images in your Catalog so you can use JPG files as a reference while you edit.
- You can change your view at any time.
Here are some rules when it comes to adjusting and flagging image pairs:
- Edits to JPG and raw files are independent but can easily be synced. Use the View menu as described above to control which images are shown for a clutter-free Catalog.
- Flagged, Rejected, and Unmarked flags are applied to both the JPG and raw files in a pair when you modify either.
- If you move a JPG or raw file that’s part of a pair, the other file in the pair will be moved along with it.
- If you choose to view Raw Only or JPG Only, deleting a raw or JPG image will move both files in the raw/JPG pair to the Trash collection in LuminarAI.
- If you are viewing raw and JPG files separately, you can delete raw and JPG images independently of each other.