The Details tool helps you create dramatic photos and brings crystal-clear sharpness to your images. With the proper detail enhancement, you can make your photos look sharp, with no halos or artifacts.
- Small Details. This slider sets the sharpness of fine details. At 0, the tool is not applied. Moving the slider to the right increases the clarity of small details, while moving it to the left washes out fine details.
- Medium Details. This slider sets the sharpness of medium-sized details. At 0, the tool is not applied. Moving the slider to the right increases the clarity of medium-sized details, while moving it to the left decreases their sharpness.
- Large Details. Use this slider to set the sharpness of the global contours of objects in the image. At 0, the tool is not applied. Moving the slider to the right increases the sharpness of global contours, while moving it to the left decreases their sharpness.
- Sharpen. The Sharpen tool helps focus soft edges in a photo to increase the clarity of focus. Use this tool to significantly improve image quality. Keep in mind that too much sharpening can give your photo a grainy look.
- Details Protection. To ensure that areas of the image aren’t over-processed, use the Details Protection slider.
- Details Masking. This dynamic masking tool allows you to reveal details only in appropriate areas and can help you define the sharpness in your image.
- Sharpening Radius. This slider allows you to adjust the distance from contrast edges at which the sharpening effect is applied.
- Sharpening Masking. This slider controls the zone in which details are amplified. Moving it to the left increases the size of the zone and makes the image more detailed. Moving it to the right reduces the size of the zone of sharpened zones.
Need more help with this?
Skylum Customer Service
Thanks for your feedback.