If your photo could benefit from a more interesting sky, the Augmented SkyAI tool is the perfect fix. It automatically detects the sky in a photo and adds a chosen object to it.
Thanks to content-aware technologies, Augmented SkyAI automatically takes into account foreground objects, making the object you select blend naturally with the sky. To control the object placement, simply drag the new object around the sky area.
LuminarAI comes with several objects including clouds, moons, birds, and a space shuttle. Even if photos have complex backgrounds including trees or buildings, there’s no need for masking. New objects seamlessly fit into the photograph, allowing you to express yourself while achieving realistic results.
- Object Selection. Use this drop-down menu to choose from a library of sample objects to get familiar with the tool. You can load your own objects by choosing the Load Custom Image… option at the bottom of the menu. You can also choose the Show Custom Sky Objects… option to load your own objects into the menu.
- Amount. This slider allows you to adjust the opacity of the added object.
- Warmth. Use this slider to warm or cool the added object. This essentially adds cyan or yellow to the object to change its color temperature.
- Relight. The Augmented SkyAI tool relights the added object so the lighting and colors of that object match the lighting and colors of the sky. The Relight slider adjusts the intensity of the relighting effect.
- Place object. Just click on this button to modify or move the added object. By dragging it around, you can easily place it in the perfect position. You can also rotate and scale the object.
- Mask Refinement. This slider fixes small details and holes that were not filled by the added object. You may need to adjust this if the image has fine details such as trees or wires in the foreground.
- Defocus. This slider will defocus the added object and is useful when a shallow focus is used with a foreground object.
- Flip Object. If you’d like to transpose the added object, check this box to flip in on its horizontal axis.
Prepping Objects for AI Augmented Sky
Augmented SkyAI works with your own objects if they are in PNG format with the Alpha channel or in JPEG format with a fully black background. You can quickly access your own Sky Objects by loading them to the Object Selection drop-down menu. To do this, choose Show Custom Sky Objects… at the top of the menu. You can copy your own JPEG or PNG files to the folder that opens. We recommend keeping no more than 50 Sky Objects loaded at a time for better performance. You’ll see the Sky Objects from this folder in the main list of Sky Objects available in Augmented SkyAI. To remove objects from this list, simply remove them from the Custom folder.