Whether printing your work or sharing it online, adding a custom watermark to your photo is a great way to credit your work. Many choose an artistic watermark like a signature; others add their company logo.
Create a signature watermark
To create a signature watermark, use the following steps.
- Take a clean piece of white paper.
- WIth a felt tip or thin marker, sign your name in a stylized fashion.
- Scan the signature or capture it with a digital camera.
- Open the image in LuminarAI.
- Use the Light tool to adjust the Whites and Blacks sliders as needed.
- If you want to invert the image, you can apply a reversed curve by swapping the White and Black points in the Curves section.
- Crop and straighten as needed with the CompositionAI tool.
- Export the new file as a JPEG to your hard drive.
Add the watermark
To add the watermark, use the Texture tool in Local Masking.
- Click on the Local Masking tool.
- Click the + Add button.
- Choose the Texture tool.
- From the Texture Selection dropdown list, choose Custom then click the + icon
- Browse your computer for your watermark or signature.
- Transparent PNG files with the background removed work well.
- You can also use a Blend Mode to remove a white or black background from the watermark.
- Once added, a new signature will stay in your Custom folder and can be reused again for other images.
- Change the Opacity to 100 to see the watermark at full strength.
- Click the Place Texture button and drag from the corner to scale the watermark or signature to size. You can also drag it to reposition it on the image.
- Position the watermark or signature then click the Place Texture button (or press the Return key) to lock it in place.