Whether printing your work or sharing it online, adding a custom watermark to your photo is a great way to credit your work. Many choose an artistic watermark like a signature; others add their company logo.
Create a signature watermark
To create a signature watermark, use the following steps.
- Take a clean piece of white paper.
- WIth a felt tip or thin marker, sign your name in a stylized fashion.
- Scan the signature or capture it with a digital camera.
- Open the image in LuminarAI.
- Use the Light tool to adjust the Whites and Blacks sliders as needed.
- If you want to invert the image, you can apply a reversed curve by swapping the White and Black points in the Curves section.
- Crop and straighten as needed with the CompositionAI tool.
- Export the new file as a JPEG to your hard drive.
Add the watermark
To add the watermark, use the Texture tool in Local Masking.
- Click on the Local Masking tool.
- Click the + Add button.
- Choose the Texture tool.
- From the Texture Selection dropdown list, choose Custom then click the + icon
- Browse your computer for your watermark or signature.
- Transparent PNG files with the background removed work well.
- You can also use a Blend Mode to remove a white or black background from the watermark.
- Once added, a new signature will stay in your Custom folder and can be reused again for other images.
- Change the Opacity to 100 to see the watermark at full strength.
- Click the Place Texture button and drag from the corner to scale the watermark or signature to size. You can also drag it to reposition it on the image.
- Position the watermark or signature then click the Place Texture button (or press the Return key) to lock it in place.
Need more help with this?
Skylum Customer Service
Thanks for your feedback.