Dodge & Burn tools are known as toning tools. They allow for finer control over lightening or darkening an image. These tools simulate traditional techniques used by photographers. In a darkroom, the photographer would regulate the amount of light on a particular area of a print.
- To Dodge and Burn, apply the Dodge & Burn tool in the Professional Tools section.
- Click the Start Painting button to open up your canvas.
- Choose either the Lighten or Darken tools in the top Toolbar to select the desired brush.
- Use the Size slider in the Toolbar to control how large the brush is.
- Use the Strength slider to control its impact.
- If you get an accidental stroke, the Erase Tool can be used to remove it.
- Click Reset if you need to start over.
- Click Done to apply the adjustment.
- Use the Overall Amount slider in the tool control group to further refine the global intensity of the tool and blend it back with the original image.