Upgrading Luminar from an earlier version is easy.
- Follow the same steps to install as a new user.
- Luminar 4 will automatically detect a previous version and will copy user Looks and installed Look packs.
- It will also convert your current Luminar catalog to a new Luminar 4 catalog while keeping the older version safe.
You can choose to manually migrate a Luminar 3 Catalogs just by opening them in Luminar 4.
- Choose File > Catalog > Open and select the catalog file.
- The catalog file has the extension .luminar and is located in a Luminar Catalog folder. The folder may have a custom name if you gave it a unique name when you created it.
- The Luminar Catalog folder is located in the Pictures folder by default.
- The catalog is upgraded will the previous version is preserved for backward compatibility.
- The new catalog is ready for use in Luminar 4 (but cannot be used with Luminar 3).
- The Luminar 3 catalog is also preserved for use in Luminar 3. But is a seperate, indepenedent file.
Thanks for your feedback.