As you work with an image, the Top Toolbar contains many commands that you’ll frequently use. These are grouped logically for easier use.
The first button controls how files are added to Luminar. Clicking the Open button reveals two choices.
- Add Folder with images. Add an existing folder on your computer to your Luminar library.
- Edit Single Image. Bring individual images into Luminar for editing.
These next three buttons are used for changing your view of the image size in the Gallery View.
- Thumbnail Size. A list of preset magnification levels for image thumbnails when navigating in the Gallery View.
- Zoom Out. This option reduces the view size of the displayed thumbnails. You can see the current zoom level in the thumbnail size field.
- Zoom In. This option increases the view size of the displayed thumbnails.
The next button in the top Toolbar is used to share an image from the application to other applications. The same image can also be shared with other editing software from Skylum (and others) or uploaded directly to social networks and other online services.
- Export to Image. Creates a new file in a common image format.
- Services. Choose to send to system applications or upload directly to photo sharing websites.
- Open In. Send to other Skylum applications or to other photo editing applications
Choose which mode your images are viewed in.
- Gallery images mode. View a gallery of multiple images. This is useful for browsing and organizing.
- Single image mode. Inspect a single image. This is best for checking file details or editing.
The next three buttons control the layout of the Luminar application window. You will switch depending on the task at hand.
- Library. Browse image folders and albums.
- Edit. Adjust an image with tools for a perfect appearance.
- Info. View a selected image’s metadata to learn more about a file.
Thanks for your feedback.