The use of layers helps you combine multiple elements into a new design. To make sure Layers are visible, do the following.
- Launch Luminar and open an image.
- If Layers aren’t visible, click Edit in the Top Toolbar to open the Sidebar. You can also press the Tab key to open the Sidebar if it’s hidden.
- If Layers aren’t seen, click the Layers button near the top of the Sidebar.
- Review the Layers panel. When you first open an image, it’s named with the original name of the file.
- This base layer can have tools applied directly to it or you can add more layers above. Each new layer uses the previous layer below as its starting point. In other words, each layer imposes the result of its processing on the previous layer.
- To add another layer, click the + button at the top of the Layers controls. You can add an Adjustment layer, an Add Image layer, or a Stamped layer.
Thanks for your feedback.